Sunday, November 30, 2008

Who would have thought...




Twenty-three years ago today, Bill and I had our first date. I piled into a car with Bill, two other guys, one of them a classmate of mine, one a friend of Bill's, and a child (my classmate's cousin).
We went to The Movies at 12 Oaks to see "The Jagged Edge." Bill's favorite part to tell of this night, is that during the movie, I fell asleep on his shoulder. Okay, so maybe I was tired, but I felt comfortable enough to go to sleep! It was NOT because I was bored, or we would not be where we are today. Or where we were last night.

Last night, we went out to celebrate how far we have come since those days in 1985. We met up with a friend of mine and asked her if she would like to join us for dinner. The three of us ate dinner at Lawry's, then wandered around the shops in Xintiandi (pronounced shin tee n dee), drinking cups of gluhwein. After we dropped her off to catch a shuttle home, we headed over to the new Shanghai World Financial Center (SWFC) to check out the view of the city at night. 

From that date in a theater in Novi, Michigan, to a date on the 100th floor of the world's third tallest building, looking over the metropolis that is Shanghai, China............who would have thought?!


No comments: