Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My Littlest Pilgrim





















































Today was the second PK4 Parents Be-Connected Day.  It started with a performance by the kids, then a few games, and finally a mother and/or father and child lunch.

The children sang all sorts of songs about turkeys, pilgrims and Indians. They even sang a few songs for specific Indian tribes, and performed an Indian rain dance that the councilor(part native-American) had taught them. Mrs. Borden also mentioned that following the last time they had practiced the dance, Carleigh went to the window and observed that there were more clouds in the sky.

Besides the obvious fun, (I mean, really, how cute are those kids?!), it has a great way to get to know the other parents. Between these events, the field trip, and a few birthday parties, I have really gotten to know the other moms, and I really enjoy their company. Everyone one of them is a kind, friendly, and happy person, and this makes our experience here, all the more enjoyable.

The food was also great.  A mini-Thanksgiving feast with friends was a wonderful way to celebrate the holiday. Carleigh's teacher is absolutely wonderful, and could not do a better job organizing these functions.

Tomorrow night, Bill and I, and of course the kids, will be going to the Intercontinental for our Thanksgiving meal. Looking forward to some turkey, stuffing, and pumpkin pie.....hope we are not disappointed!

No comments: