Sunday, July 20, 2008

Victoria Harbor........




Our last day of vacation brought us to Victoria Harbor for a one hour cruise. It was a nice end to a very enjoyable trip. The weather was a little cloudy today, so it didn't make for the greatest pictures, but considering all of the history in that harbor, it was a fun thing to do.

We also went to a large western bookstore here, and stocked up on some books we have been looking for. Shanghai does have some western bookstores, but they are very small. Ethan has been looking for a new release for a series he reads, and I was looking for the latest Janet Evanovich book. We found those, plus a few more! Brennan found a series that he was interested in and we stocked up on a few of those, no telling if we could find them in Shanghai. 

We never did get that Dim Sum meal (sorry, Jay!) but it was getting hard to convince the kids to eat anything but western food. They know that they are back to eating Chinese food tomorrow. 

Tonight we ate at the outdoor restaurant at the hotel, called the Sunset Terrace. Carleigh and Brennan got neat little kids meals there. I ate the curry butter chicken I have really enjoyed here. Bill got spring chicken, which ended up being the whole darn thing, minus the parts you wouldn't want on your plate, and Ethan a burger.  We are actually tired of eating so well, even Ethan made a comment that he was so full he could walk to Shanghai and back, and STILL be full! We just haven't been eating foods that are rich, or large portions since we have been in China and we aren't quite used to it anymore.

We took the kids to the pool after dinner, as it gets dark early in China, and thought it would be fun for them to swim after dark. I think they thought that was pretty neat. Bill and I lounged on the side and drank coffee.

Well, that's it for our family vacation. I will add some fun facts about the week to the blog on Monday. Little funny trip tidbits, if you will. 

Hugs and kisses!

B

No comments: