Friday, March 28, 2008

Oh, Happy Day..........!


Our sea shipment was delivered today, making the house seem much more homey. They have a specific procedure that they are suppose to go through, and they made a point of telling me the crate had not been opened since it left our house in Berkley. They brought out the bolt cutters and cut the bolt off in front of me, showed me that the cut they made was the only time it had been cut, and asked me if I wanted to keep it. I kept it...do you want to see a picture? Just kidding! The bolt did say "Palmer" on it, which is the company that packed us in Berkley, so they must have been telling the truth. Honestly, I wasn't really worried. We had to count off all of the boxes, and make sure every numbered box was there, too. I was way too excited about getting our stuff to bother having to count, but they made us. They make a big deal here about watching your things and keeping valuables put away. I'm not sure if it is a big problem here, or if they just give that impression.

Of course, my beloved coffee machine went a long way towards that homey feeling. Nothing like a hot, tasty cup of coffee! The French press we were making was okay, but a little strong...even for me, and I was looking forward to the coffee syrups and creamer packets we had brought.

It was nice for the kids to have some toys to play with again, and Carleigh was happy to get her bike. We were down to our last little bit of toothpaste, and we were advised by some friends not to buy it here-never know what is in it. I guess they had some problems a few years ago.....I don't want to know. There were other things that were on the boat, which I had forgot to pack in our suitcases, so it was nice to finally have those few things. I'm sure that Ayi was happy for a few more pans to work with also!

The kids were excited to have a granola bar for snack and mac and cheese for lunch. I have set the rules for the American food. One box of cereal a week, and one box of snacks a week. We'll see how long that lasts!

That's it for tonight. Love to all!
Beth

No comments: