Hello everyone! I hope everyone had a nice holiday weekend. We colored Easter eggs on Saturday. Luckily, I had found a kit in our cupboard before we left and I threw it in our luggage. The baskets were still on the boat (hopefully our stuff will be delivered this Saturday) so I headed to IKEA to buy baskets that the kids could use in their rooms after Easter. We didn't do too bad considering the only thing you can find in China that is related to Easter is special packages of white eggs for coloring. (Usually they are brown.)
On Monday, Brennan and I got bicycles. I got a children's seat on the back of mine for Carleigh, which will be better on trips to the park than her little bike. Bill and Ethan will go and get theirs soon, could only fit two in the minivan.
The kids and I went to the Shanghai Ocean Aquarium today. It is fairly new and was quite nice. It was three floors and had various displays for different regions of the world. Seeing horseshoe crabs brought back summer memories of the Jersey shore! It also had a really long underwater tunnel and lots of cool fish and such. We had a nice time. We ate lunch there where you could get fried chicken, chicken burgers. fish burgers and shrimp burgers. "Burger" meaning- on a hamburger bun. We also tried "corn nuggets," which looked just like extremely processed chicken nuggets on the outside, and had egg and corn on the inside. They were actually pretty good. We finished our outing with gelato, which you can find all over here.
Tomorrow, we will go back to the fabric market, where you can have apparel and such made...dirt cheap. We had a sports coat made for Bill ($60-I think I could have talked them down more if I had tried harder!) and we need to go pick it up. They usually look very good, can't tell the difference from items purchased at a department store...unless your my brother, Jay. He could probably tell the difference. I want to have a table runner made, and maybe some cool jammie bottoms.
Hope everyone had a great spring break. Love to all.

No comments:
Post a Comment