Yesterday was a beautiful day in Shanghai! We have had quite a few of these of late, but this was the most beautiful! The building in the picture is the Shanghai Global Financial Center, which when finished later this year, will be one of the tallest in the world.
Last week the kids went to a camp at the Children's Technology Workshop. Ethan chose to focus on learning how to create a video game during his time there. Brennan created a mechanical LEGO rover, and used it to explore an Egyptian Tomb that they had created, and Carleigh learned how to make simple LEGO machines like a catapult, a little remote control car, windmill, etc. They all had a great time and I was impressed with the staff and facility. The kids had a ton of one on one, as they were the only kids doing the camp in the morning last week. Once again, our early tendencies paid off! There were occasionally kids that came in to work on projects that were not part of the camp, but all in all, only 2 extra kids were there at one time.
I have taken a day this week to go out with Brennan and Carleigh, seperately, to have a mommy/child day. Brennan and I went to the arcade and had lunch and DQ together. Carleigh and I went to a play center called The Activity Box, and then had lunch, and did some shopping. I also took all three kids, and one of Brennan's friends to the science center for a few hours the other day. I am hoping that Ethan will join me for lunch, and maybe the bookstore or video store one day next week.
Carleigh and Brennan are going to their last camp of the summer next week. It is once again at Kid's Gallery. Carleigh is going to take a flower pot art class, and a Musical Theater class with a Jungle Book theme. Brennan is taking an "Unbelievably Ugly Art" class and a drama class for 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.
Bill and I are headed out for a Date Night tonight. Not sure what we are going to do, but I am sure we will enjoy ourselves! Tomorrow, we are going over to Brennan's friends house for lunch with his family (They are returning to the states on August 22nd.)
Signing off....from Shanghai,
Love to all,
Beth

No comments:
Post a Comment