Monday, August 18, 2008

The Good, The Bad, The Little Things, The Inevitable, The Breaking Point and What Really Matters...


This weekend was full of stress, and lacking on sleep.

Let me explain. As I have already mentioned, the kids caused some grief before and during our photo session on Saturday morning. That was "Stress number 1."  "Number 2" came with a late night call from our friends who have been staying in our house in Michigan. The downstairs bathtub had filled with gray water and the sewer needed to be snaked.

 "The Good and Little Thing" came on Sunday afternoon in the form of a US priority mail package sent by Bill's mom. It was chock full of individual Coffeemate Flavored creamers. Heaven in a box.......to be enjoyed for several months.

 " The Inevitable" was that our sewer line at home needed to be dug up and replaced...UGH! It was a 1920's clay pipe. and we knew this day would come.  Luckily,  I knew of a company who friends have used and trust, at a reasonable cost. It took one very long day, and is now complete. 

Finally, "The Breaking Point." I walked into the kitchen on Sunday night to find a GIGANTIC centipede. I screamed.....not once.....or twice...but each and every time I stepped down on the paper towel to try to kill the hearty mutant bug. I am usually okay with bugs, but apparently I don't like centipedes, especially of the mutant variety!

Monday, I went to pick up our pictures and was reminded of what really matters........my family. All of the other things pale in importance to sharing life with them.




No comments: