Sometimes it completely amazes us that we are living in Shanghai, China, where we could have never imagined that we would ever live. We are doing things we never thought we would do, seeing things we never thought we would see, and experiencing a life that we never would have imagined we would. The differences in culture, language and environment are stimulating to the brain, and provide entertainment to the mind on a daily basis. It is good for my soul.
None of this would have ever happened if the events that occurred in our lives from 1998 to 2000/ 2001 had never taken place. My illness and recovering from it, take a very large part in who I am today. I have an appreciation for life, and a love for it, that I did not have before that time. I took life for granted. Before that time, I would have never agreed on an international move, merely out of fear of the unknown.
What I did not know, was that many friendships would arise from an international move, while friendships at home would thrive and grow. I did not know, nor care, that living in another country would be such an enlightening experience, and that learning another language would be so enjoyable, and encouraging, to my desire to learn more about other cultures and world history.
I look forward to Christmas, when we see our friends and family at home again. I feel joy in my heart when I think of it. But I will also cherish every moment we have here, and wherever else we may go, for as long as the dream lasts.
We love you all and miss you dearly!
B

No comments:
Post a Comment