Today, was the reverse of yesterday. It started out as a frigidly cold, cloudy day, and ended sunny and nice. I decided to let the kids sleep a little later, and get to the park an hour or so after it opened, so that they would be well-rested after the long day we had yesterday.
We woke up at 8:00am, which was the park's opening time, and decided to wait to eat breakfast until we arrived at Disneyland. At 9:30am, we were sitting down to breakfast at a small cafe in the park. The waitress immediately removed all of the children's cutlery and brought them a smaller version, along with a bib for each. Yes, I said for EACH, which means the 9 and 13 year olds, also received a bib. Unfortunately, I couldn't convince them to put them on for a picture!
After breakfast, as you can imagine, we wandered around the park all day, debating whether a ride was worth the wait or not, and whether we could get another Fast Pass yet. In the end, we enjoyed riding the Disney Railroad, Dumbo, Monster's Inc, It's a Small World, Space Mountain, and Thunder Mountain. We also spent time in the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse and Toon Town. We ate lunch in a restaurant called "Blue Bayou," which was actually inside the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, giving an outdoor, dark, swampy feel, with lots of cricket noises, and outdoor lanterns. It was a fun theme, and we enjoyed the entertainment, of people in boats on the ride, passing by on the river.
All in all, we had a great time at Disney this week. We were intrigued by the Japanese's apparent love for popcorn, as there were long lines all over the park, and everyone seemed to have a plastic, Disney-themed, popcorn bucket hanging around their neck. The flavors available were also interesting. Some of the more curious ones that I noticed were curry popcorn, and soy sauce and butter, but they also had strawberry, chocolate, caramel, and the one we finally broke down at tried, honey. Turns out, it ROCKED!
They also seemed to love the Disney character hood-type hats that were available, as well as headbands and gloves. Where in the States, you may see kids wearing these around the parks, in Japan, it was more teens and young adults. They also had poncho's made of fleece, and styled after a character. Being that it was so cold out, and the character poncho's also had gloves attached, I decided to make myself comfortable. I was a chipmunk....... and I was warm.
We also noticed, that the school girl look is huge in Tokyo. There were innumerable girls wearing short plaid skirts and black knee socks, or short with tights and boots. This style made their favorite character hat (a white mouse with a pink ribbon), or head band with a Minnie bow, look especially cute.
We left the park at about 7:00pm, and picked up a snack at the cafe in the lobby. I am now enjoying my routine of coming up to the Starwood Preferred Guest lounge to have a drink while I blog. I didn't know we would have this amenity here, but it makes the price we are paying seem a little more worth it, and we all know that quiet time is....... priceless!
Tomorrow we take the bullet train to Kyoto.

No comments:
Post a Comment