Thursday, December 11, 2008

AAAHHHHHHHHH!

Let me start this out by saying....it is good to be home, no doubt about it. However, this has turned out to be a crazy week so far.

Ethan went to the orthodontist on Tuesday. This is the main reason that I took the kids out of school two weeks early. He needed to be checked, and I knew he would need some work. I decided I would like as much of that work as possible done in Michigan. 

We were pleasantly surprised that the orthodontist did not feel he needed any teeth pulled, as we had expected from past appointments, and scheduled an another appointment for a minor appliance to be put in his mouth. We left feeling much relief, as the baby teeth pulling events are not fun. He has already had 8 pulled. He follows in his mom and dad's footsteps.

Wednesday morning I had a doctors appointment. I took the kids with me, so that we could head over to their Aunt Kerri's when it was done.  Crazy, I know. But they were actually good. Ethan and Brennan waited for Carleigh and I to come out of the examination room, at opposite sides of the waiting room, with strict instructions to interact ONLY in an emergency. After a successful trip to the doctor, I stopped to get the promised treats at Caribou Coffee, and we headed over to Kerri's house.

Shortly after arriving there, I receive a call from the orthodontist. Turns out, after looking at new x-rays, Ethan needs 5 baby teeth pulled, and another appliance installed in addition to the first. Oh, and due to timing with our trip and holiday office closures, he needs them pulled Thursday.

The rest of the afternoon was spent figuring out logistics for the teeth pulling and a doctors appointment Bill has on Thursday morning, how to work all of this with one car, and what to do with Carleigh (Brennan is still at Kerri's). There was also the anxiety of a 12 year old, who does not do well with teeth extractions, and who thought he was in the free and clear this time (a call to the pediatrician, bless her wonderfully kind soul, brought the reward of a happy pill for Ethan, to be taken one half hour before the procedure.) This story.........to be continued.

Other news and tidbits.....for all of you who know me well......I have been to Target twice, Starbucks twice, Caribou twice, and Tim Hortons twice. Priorities, you know! Surprisingly, the Gingerbread Latte that I know and love from Starbucks, is no longer. They have changed it up for a Gingersnap Latte, which somehow, manages to have chunks of ginger in it (must be from the cookies) and is extremely yucky. Starbucks..........my butt thanks you. It's looking like Tim Hortons black coffee, with creamer from home, is my new favorite. Tim Hortons.........I thank you!








No comments: