Thursday, February 28, 2008

School's in session!

Today was the first day of school for the boys. Everything seems to go well. Brennan made lots of friends and got welcome cards from everyone in his class. Ethan was assigned a buddy to help him get around to all of his classes. At lunch he found a place to sit by himself, afraid to approach anyone, and low and behold they all came to him! Love this school already!

Brennan's teacher is a published author. Her name is Jen Munnerlyn and she wrote a book about a child's first day at an international school. You can find it on Amazon.

We found out that we can move into the house next Tuesday. Yeah! I will finally be able to unpack the suitcases! The kids will start riding the bus next Wednesday. The bus will come at 6:50 am.
 Which is when they used to wake up in Michigan!

On Tuesday, the kids and I went to the mall. I bought Brennan, Carleigh and I each a pair of Crocs. Unfortunately, they aren't any cheaper here. Then we ate lunch and had Dairy Queen for dessert. They hold your Blizzards upside down here before they hand them to you, showing you how thick they are. We also went to an international bookstore and picked up a few expensive American books for the kids. I got Carleigh a really neat one about the Chinese Zodiac years and her new favorite "Elmer and the Snake." Brennan picked up and RL Stine and Garth Nix book-for younger kids.

Yesterday we went to the "fake market" under the Science Museum where you can wheel and deal for purses, watches, etc. I got a Dooney and Bourke purse and a Tous for $15 each. Then we ate at a Latin restaurant where they walk around with skewers full of pork, beef, chicken, lamb, prawns, pinapple, corn, bananas that have been barbequed, to go along with a big buffet. So far our favorite, along with a yummy dumpling restaurant.

More soon! Love to all of you.

1 comment:

Autism ASK said...

Hello, Arnold family!
I'm so glad to see that you are all doing well (including the pets!). Your life sounds fascinating. Justin says "Hi, Brennan!" and he misses you a lot. Keep posting and take care!
Love, Stephanie and Justin